I’m a Colombian illustrator and visual artist based in Suffolk, England.
I work in digital and mixed media. I enjoy drawing objects, plants, landscapes, animals and anthropomorphic figures. I spend a lot of time working on my sketchbooks, drawing things that I've never tried before and making notes about the world around me.
My inspiration is drawn from the places where I’ve lived, the books I’ve read, people watching and everything around me. I feel particularly attracted to surreal scenarios and situations. I love telling stories and incorporating metaphors into my work.
My approach is versatile. Every project is special and has its own character. I enjoy every side of creative projects, from the brief to the final piece.
I graduated in Fine Arts in Colombia. I then moved to México City where I gained a Diploma in Illustration. My tropical heart has settled down in beautiful Britain.
I’m open to commissions and group projects. I enjoy the interchange of ideas that they bring.
+44 7532 728887
IX Ibero-American Catalogue of Illustration, selected, Spain and Latin America, 2018
Este Año , Picture Book, Edmundo Juárez y Catalina Carvajal, Gobierno del Estado de Tabasco, Mexico, 2017.
Paraguas de Navegación , Picture Book, Brenda J. Caro Cocotle and Catalina Carvajal, Instituto Veracruzano de
Cultura, Mexico, 2016.
Tlacuache, historia de una cola, . Picture Book, Efrén Ordóñez y Catalina Carvajal, Fundación Armella Spitalier, Mexico, 2015
La Caracola de Damiana , Picture Book, Martha Ordaz y Catalina Carvajal, Pearson, 2015
XXV Catalogue of Illustrators for Children and Youth DGP-Conaculta, selected, Mexico, 2015
XX Catalogue of Illustrators for Children and Youth DGP-Conaculta, selected, Mexico, 2010
II Ibero-American Catalogue of Illustration, selected, Spain and Latin America, 2011
Some of My Clients
Oxford University Press Mexico, Pearson Education Mexico, Porrua Editorial, Armella Spitalier Foundation, Government of Veracruz Mexico, Government of Tabasco Mexico, Art Eat Festival UK
- Invenções Gráficas na Ilustração Ibero-Americana, Instituto Tomie Ohtake, Sao Paulo, Brazil, July.
- Heimat Project, Casatinta, Bogotá, Colombia, May.
- Heimat Project, Fabrik Der Künste, Hamburg, Germany, October.
Iberoamerica Ilustra, International Book Fair, Guadalajara Mexico, November to December.
XXV Catalogue of Illustrators for Children and Youth DGP-Conaculta, International Children and Youth Book Fair, Mexico City.
- Los Días Perfectos, calendar presentation and exhibition by Los Sobrevivientes collective, Centro Cultural de España en México, January.
- Los Sobrevivientes. 11 Illustrators Exhibition: Centro Cultural Universitario Casa de las Diligencias, Toluca, México Carlos Fuentes Library, Xalapa, Mexico, November.
- XXIII Catalogue of Illustrators for Children and Youth DGP-Conaculta, International Children and Youth Book Fair, Mexico City.
II Iberoamerican Catalogue of Illustration:
- Public display in big format at Chapultepec Avenue, Mexico City, March to April.
- International Book Fair, Bogotá Colombia, April to May.
- Laboratorio de las Artes de Valladolid, Spain, July.
- Centro Cultural de España en Chile, Festival Festilus, Santiago de Chile, August to September.
- Casa America, Madrid, Spain, December to January 2013.
II Ibero-American Catalogue of Illustration, International Book Fair, Guadalajara México.
Arte Joven. Museum of Modern Art. Bogotá, Colombia.
The Illustrator's Landing in Shingle Street